Re: DCE client for AIX 4.3

From: Bill Thompson (bill.thompson@GOODYEAR.COM)
Date: Tue May 20 2003 - 06:57:48 EDT

Tim,

I went through this same thing (installing DCE as a pre-req for OVO) last
July. You are correct, DCE used to come with AIX (I'm not sure at which
version they stopped) but it's now a purchased item (at least for 4.3.3 so
I'm assuming the same is true for all of 4.3.x).

I found you do not have to purchase the entire DCE package ($4000 U.S.) but
only needed the client which is in the DCE Base Services package ($142
U.S.).

Here's a link to the U.S. site:
http://www-132.ibm.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?lang=en_US&catalogId
=-840&categoryId=2347377&cgmenbr=1&langId
=-1&cgrfnbr=2347377&cntrfnbr=1&storeId=1&cntry=840

I can send you my notes on installing and configuring DCE and MeasureWare
on AIX for OpenView. Send me a note if you're interested.

Bill Thompson
Sr UNIX Systems Administrator
The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co.

Contains Confidential and/or Proprietary Information
May Not Be Copied or Disseminated Without Express Consent of The Goodyear
Tire & Rubber Company.

AIX-L Archives: http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=aix-l&r=1&w=2