Duffers question re downloading firmware updates

From: Arthur Prince (arthurp@TOTALISE.CO.UK)
Date: Thu May 15 2003 - 11:44:28 EDT

I am reviewing the process for updateing my 44P 170 firmware, which is at

http://techsupport.services.ibm.com/server/mdownload//7044x70F.html

In the section below it refers to labelling the diskettes.

I am unclear as to whether this means simply writing on a label, or does it
mean labelling the diskette in some other way?

The statement

Any diskette labeled: 'AIX Backup: . . . .' is in a format that can be used
directly with a computer running AIX as it's operating system.

makes me worry that this is something other than simply sticking a label on
the disk and writing on it!

Can anyone clarify please!!!!

Two 2MB (HD) new or freshly formatted DOS diskettes are required.
a) With the first diskette loaded in the drive,
     Enter the commands:
     cd  [path]\fwupdate
    44x70_B1
      Label this diskette,
        "Volume 1:  AIX Backup: Combined System (SPH02254) and SvP (sh020307)
FW
                             for IBM 7044-x70 and 7043-270"
b) With the second diskette loaded in the drive,
     Enter the commands:
          cd  [path]\fwupdate
         44x70_B2
      Label this diskette,
        "Volume 2:  AIX Backup: Combined System (SPH02254) and SvP (sh020307)
FW
                           for IBM 7044-x70 and 7043-270"
            Note:  Any diskette labeled: 'AIX Backup: . . . .' is in a format
that can be used directly with a computer running AIX as it's operating
system.  This diskette cannot be read using PC tools or command line
operations.