Re: HACMP and EMC powerpath

From: Chris Gregors (Chris.Gregors@TELUS.COM)
Date: Tue May 13 2003 - 15:28:12 EDT

OK. I'm wrong on the first point. The pvid's should match between the
hdiskpower[x] devices and the hdisk[x] devices that make up the
hdiskpower[x].

I was thinking of the EMC serial numbers that show up in an inq. They
differ because the paths to the disks are different. This would be the
same on scsi or fiber.

Unfortunately you cannot see the pvid's for the hdiskpower and hdisk
devices at the same time. Since only one or the other can be in a vg at
any given time.

I just gave our EMC CE a call and he informed me that the requirement of
installing powerpath on all nodes on the same FA/SA has been removed in
recent firmware code changes on their end.

The only concern I have with mixing powerpath and non-powerpath in a
cluster is the potential for a mistake when allocating disks.