Queue problems

From: Greg Breuer (breuerg@MISSOURI.EDU)
Date: Mon May 12 2003 - 11:53:45 EDT

I am having printing queue problems. Perhaps you can help me.

Scenario:

On print server: 4 queues pointing to IP of JetDirect cards-ascii,
ps, niagara, angel; remote clients given printer access (only enabled
if IP address used)

Client machine: point to remote host (print server) queues.

I can plot small .rtl files, but not the maps we produce. The maps
are ripped on the client machine and ENQueued to the plotter.

When I send a plot to the queue, it goes down on the local machine.

# lpstat
Queue Dev Status Job Files User PP % Blks Cp Rnk
------- ----- --------- --- ------------------ ---------- ---- -- ----- --- ---
niagara @darl DOWN
               QUEUED 240 sc067-055.rtl root 10318 1 1
niagara niaga READY

My guess is that the print server does not have the space for
spooling, but I'd like to verify this before doing anything.

# df -k
Filesystem 1024-blocks Free %Used Iused %Iused Mounted on
/dev/hd4 8192 2872 65% 1153 29% /
/dev/hd2 548864 73852 87% 13551 10% /usr
/dev/hd9var 4096 1924 54% 236 24% /var
/dev/hd3 24576 23756 4% 24 1% /tmp
/dev/hd1 4096 3920 5% 19 2% /home

What's got me confused is all was working 3 weeks ago. I cannot
figure out what's changed.

--
Gregory S. Breuer
GRC/MSDIS