Re: Regatta - HMC

From: Bill Verzal (BVerzal@KOMATSUNA.COM)
Date: Wed May 07 2003 - 08:59:46 EDT

The official statement by IBM is that the Linux OS on that system is
"locked" and installing any other apps will create an unsupported
configuration.

BV
Bill Verzal
AIX Admin/Komatsu America
(847) 970-3726 (v)

| | Inshan Singh |
| | <ISINGH@CO.PALM-B|
| | EACH.FL.US> |
| | Sent by: IBM AIX |
| | Discussion List |
| | <aix-l@Princeton.|
| | EDU> |
| | |
| | |
| | 05/06/2003 04:32 |
| | PM |
| | Please respond to|
| | IBM AIX |
| | Discussion List |
| | |
  | |
  | To: aix-l@Princeton.EDU |
  | cc: |
  | Subject: Re: Regatta - HMC |

As it is right now it is running Linux OS , the only thing I can get to on
the Desktop is HMC console, noting else. I would like to get to some of
the Linux stuff on there, as well as use the DVD writer that came with the
box.

>>> Mat.Gipson@AMERICREDIT.COM 05/06/03 05:18PM >>>
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office"
/>
What do you mean unlocked?

Mathew Gipson

matt.gipson@americredit.com