Re: SMS Short Message Service from AIX

From: Shirish Joshi (Shirish.Joshi@ALFUTTAIM.CO.AE)
Date: Wed May 07 2003 - 04:42:50 EDT

hi svend
thanks for all the help (and the script).
so T-D1 is your telecommunications provider. you send this date to your
telecom provider and he arranges to send this to the mobile phone ?

in our case we want our ISP to be our telecom provider. this would be a very
basic service. all the ISP is giving us is

1) an ip address
2) a port
3) a protocol SMPP or Java API
4) a format.

so according to me what they want is to send data from our AIX box to this
ip address on a given port using the SMPP protocol.

that is where i am stuck. how do i do this. i have gone thru your script
(still trying to understand it :) ). you seem to be also doing the same
thing to your telecom provider .

basic question ...how do i send some data (maybe a small txt file) from an
AIX box to a given ip over a given port ?? any clues ??

Thanks a million for all the help.

regards
shirish joshi