Re: SP2 Questions

From: Bill Thompson (bill.thompson@GOODYEAR.COM)
Date: Tue May 06 2003 - 13:10:55 EDT

Simon,

Correct on all counts. I'm going from one Ethernet and one Token ring to
two Ethernet. I'm changing only the WAN IP address. Neither the reliable
Ethernet address nor the node name will be changed.

As I sit here re-reading my student guide from the SP Administration course
it says exactly what you did - "If you're changing your node's hostname or
en0 IP address". For some reasons I thought it was referring to any of the
IP addresses configured for the node.

Well, this is going to be much easier than I thought.

As far as changing en0, my book (from 2000) says to:
      Unconfigure use as server
      Backup node
      Delete NIM entry at BIS
      Delete node
      Update node SDR information
      Reinstall node
      Reconfigure use as a server

(as opposed to the 30 some odd steps in the administration guide).

Are you saying there's an easier way than even this?
(Not that I hope to have to do this any time soon)

Thanks for your help,

Bill Thompson
Sr UNIX Systems Administrator
The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co.

Contains Confidential and/or Proprietary Information
May Not Be Copied or Disseminated Without Express Consent of The Goodyear
Tire & Rubber Company.

AIX-L Archives: http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=aix-l&r=1&w=2