Re: AIX 5.1 Upgrade or Complete Install

From: Darryl Ousterhout (D.Ousterhout@LABSAFETY.COM)
Date: Fri May 02 2003 - 09:10:09 EDT

bootinfo -y will show you if you have an environment capable of 64bit

bootinfo -K will show you what it's currently set at.

Also if you look in /etc/inittab you will see one of the first entries as
"load 64 bit", which means the system enables it upon boot.

If you set 5.1 at 32 bit upon migration or reinstall, you will not get the
option to use JFS2 on your root file system, but all non-root VG's are JFS2
capable.

If you choose 64 bit, then all your filesystems are JFS2 capable.

-Darryl