Re: Adding Addl Disk to Volume Group

From: John Jolet (john.jolet@FXFN.COM)
Date: Thu May 01 2003 - 18:07:18 EDT

hm, haven't had to do that with a powerpath disk yet, but normally, you add the hdisk to the appropriate volume group (smit->system storage management->logical volume manager->volume groups->set characteristics of a volume group->add a physical volume to a volume group) fill in the values and hit f6 to see the command....
then once you've done that, extend the filesystem, it'll push the lv. if you extend the lv, it won't automatically grow the filesystem. (smity->system storage management->file systems->add/change/show/delete file systems->journaled file systems->change/show characteristics) put the number of 512 byte blocks you want it to END UP being. again hit f6 to see what it will do. once you're comfortable, the command line might be quicker.