Re: IBM 6205 Ultra2 SCSI Adapter

From: Bob Booth - UIUC (booth@UIUC.EDU)
Date: Wed Apr 09 2003 - 21:55:53 EDT

The only thing I have changed on my adapters is ext_se_ultra=enable which
allows maxiumum data cycles with an external cable attached. I assume your
tape drives are attached externally and that your FC 6205's have no interal
drives attached. As long has you have followed the rules (length, shielding,
etc.) you should be able to turn that attribute on.

Have you measured the throughput to your drives? Do you believe that you are
having a performance problem?

You may want to set your block size to 0, however, I would talk to your vendor,
since they should know the optimum settings for the drives on AIX...

just my 2cents.

bob