Re: nmon install

From: Bill Thompson (bill.thompson@GOODYEAR.COM)
Date: Wed Apr 09 2003 - 12:17:50 EDT

Well, everybody said to uncompress the file first (which is one way to do
it), but I never do that (just takes up more space on the system). Instead
I like to uncompress on the fly.

In this case you would type:

zcat nmon8b.tar.Z | tar xvf -

Just another way to do the same thing :-)

Bill Thompson
Sr UNIX Systems Administrator
The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co.

Contains Confidential and/or Proprietary Information
May Not Be Copied or Disseminated Without Express Consent of The Goodyear
Tire & Rubber Company.

AIX-L Archives: http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=aix-l&r=1&w=2