Re: End of support for AIX 5.1 in April 2004

From: Alan Vidmar (Alan.Vidmar@COLORADO.EDU)
Date: Wed Apr 02 2003 - 11:25:47 EST

This is the first I've heard of this as well...

I have 4 machines on 4.3.3 and only one on 5.1, but was planning
on moving them all over to 5.1 in the next few months.

In fact the machine (7025-620) thats already on 5.1 was just
purchased and came pre-loaded with 5.1 from IBM! Why would
they pre-load a machine with an OS that isn't going to be
supported in less than a year?!?

:(

Alan