Re: Formula for sizing jfslog

From: MARLON BORBA (MBORBA@TRF3.GOV.BR)
Date: Thu Mar 27 2003 - 11:42:33 EST

So what happens if a 'lazy' AIX administrator forgets to do the adequate jfslog expansion? I've seen several 'soi-disant' sysadmins increasing the size of a logical volume without modifying jfslog...

TIA again,

Marlon.

/*
Marlon Borba
Divisao de Suporte Tecnico
TRF 3a. Regiao
(11) 3311-4683 e 9692-8357
mborba@trf3.gov.br - marlonborba@acm.org
-------
Association for Computing Machinery
Member #UK42160
Internet Society
Member #1330387
*/

>>> Simon.Green@EU.ALTRIA.COM 27/03/03 13:24 >>>
Increasing the size of a JFSlog is awkward as all filesystems using the
JFSlog must be unmounted. Therefore, an automatic process is not really
feasible.

Simon Green
Altria ITSC Europe s.a.r.l.