Re: Problems after changing name of jfslog

From: Bill Verzal (Bill_Verzal@BCBSIL.COM)
Date: Wed Mar 19 2003 - 09:17:01 EST

Did you run logform ?
Bill Verzal
Technical Consultant
Forbes Technical Consulting
(312) 653-3684
bill_verzal@bcbsil.com
billverzal@imcingular.com (Pager)
888-428-4025 (Pager)
MailStop: 27.202B

"Bill Thompson" <bill.thompson@GOODYEAR.COM>
Sent by: "IBM AIX Discussion List" <aix-l@Princeton.EDU>
03/18/2003 09:51 PM
Please respond to "IBM AIX Discussion List"

        To: aix-l@Princeton.EDU
        cc:
        Subject: Problems after changing name of jfslog

All,

I recently changed the name of the jfslog in one of my volume groups. The
three filesystems in the volume group were unmounted at the time. I used
the "chlv -n newname oldname" which completed successfully. I then ran
"chfs -a log=newname /filesystem" for each of the three filesystems. Now
when I try to mount the filesystems I receive the following error:

"mount: 0506-323 Cannot get information about log device newname"

I've tried a number of things. I exported and re-imported the volume
group.
I fsck'd the filesystems. But, no luck. I still cannot mount the
filesystems. Can anybody tell me what's going on and how to fix it?

TIA

Bill Thompson
The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co.

The information contained in this communication is confidential, private, proprietary, or otherwise privileged and is intended only for the use of the addressee. Unauthorized use, disclosure, distribution or copying is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately at (312)653-6000 in Illinois; (972)766-6900 in Texas; or (800)835-8699 in New Mexico.