Re: -t file

From: Bill Thompson (bill.thompson@GOODYEAR.COM)
Date: Mon Mar 17 2003 - 14:05:50 EST

Stephen,

There are many ways to deal with files beginning with a dash, but the most
appropriate way is to use the "--" option that is accepted by most
applications.

The "--" signifies the end of the options list. So "rm -- -t" would see "
-t" as a filename rather than trying to parse it as an option.

Bill Thompson
Sr UNIX Systems Administrator
The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co.

Contains Confidential and/or Proprietary Information
May Not Be Copied or Disseminated Without Express Consent of The Goodyear
Tire & Rubber Company.

AIX-L Archives: http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=aix-l&r=1&w=2