DB2 UDB Info

From: BSARMA (bsarma@BASIT.COM)
Date: Thu Feb 20 2003 - 11:43:36 EST

Greetings

I am new to DB2UDB, We are planning to install db2 udb version 8.1 on our IBM RS6000 AIX 4.3.3 and 5L boxes.

I am going through the db2 udb docos, I don't see any notes or document like Installation and configuration guide. I have been doing Oracle DB Administration all these years, now is the time for db2.

Oracle Provide Installation and Configuration guide that explains the steps indetail, I am looking some thing similar in db2 udb for aix on IBM RS6000 boxes.

I chose the gui tool (db2setup, i think) to install the binaries and create the DB, by default it installed the db2 udb binaries in /usr/opt/db2_08_01.

1. Is ther way to specify my own location to install the db2udb binaries.

2. I am looking for an ER digram or some explanation of all the db2 udb dictionary catalogs for day to day administration.

3. In Oracle
select * from dict;
 lists all the dictionary catalogs and one or two line comments about each catalog. How I can get similar info from db2 udb.

IBM WEbsite search gives tons of search results, and digging the right info from it is an uphill task.

I am also reading the v8.1 documentation and compiling the info.
In the meatime,

I appreciate if any of you point me to some documents/papers/notes, etc., I also appreciate if you can email me your cheat chits .

Regards & Thanks
BN