Re: Cannot cfgmgr on a new FC

From: patrick@ABF-DSS.COM
Date: Thu Feb 20 2003 - 08:17:47 EST

Greetings:

The "0514-061 Cannot find a child device" is common when the FC card is either
not attached to a FC device, or if it is attached, then I would look at the
polarity of the cable
ie. (tx -> rx and rx -> tx) NOT (tx -> tx and rx -> rx)

cfgmgr is attempting to configure the FC device it is connected to (child
device) but is unable to see it.

In this context, device would be some sort of FC endpoint, not just a switch or
director.

I would make sure the FC card has connectivity to a FC device, not just the
fabric and re-run cfgmgr.

-=Patrick=-

Patrick C. Bigelbach
Sr. Systems Consultant
Linux Certified RHCE and LPIC-1
IBM Certified Advanced Technical Expert, SAN, Storage & SP Certified
Direct Systems Support
9020 KenaMar Drive, Suite 201
San Diego, CA 92121
Toll Free: 888-234-RISC