Re: AIX microcode

From: Green, Simon (Simon.Green@EU.ALTRIA.COM)
Date: Thu Feb 13 2003 - 05:39:30 EST

I've seen "microcode" and "firmware" used interchangeably.

However...
Generally it's as Patrick says: microcode for devices like SSA; firmware for
the system.

Be aware that most servers now - I think it includes the M80, but wouldn't
put money on it - have System firmware and Service Processor firmware.
These are different bits of code but closely related, so usually have to be
updated together.

Simon Green
Altria ITSC Europe s.a.r.l.