Re: /unix linked to /usr/lib/boot/unix_mp - but it's a single processor

From: Michelle DeVault (adsmigmo@YAHOO.COM)
Date: Thu Feb 06 2003 - 10:36:38 EST

Hmmm, but IBM support told me I should.

The reason I noticed it was that I was trying to get
sar to work. I did what the IBM instructions say to
do:
1. uncomment the stuff in adm's crontab
2. uncomment the stuff in /etc/rc
3. Reboot.

Still couldn't get sar to run. Called IBM support
back and they said to:

1. link /unix to /usr/lib/boot/unix_up
2. link /usr/lib/boot/unix to /usr/lib/boot/unix_up
3. bosboot -ad /usr/ipldevice
4. reboot

I can't reboot the machine until Sunday, so this is on
hold until then.

Why do you say "Don't change it"?

M.