Re: RAID5 with SSA disks

From: Adams Kevin J (kevin.adams@PHS.COM)
Date: Wed Feb 05 2003 - 13:03:07 EST

Maybe I'm mis-reading the question or the answer, but you can have 2
controllers in a raid5 or raid10 configuration. You can't have more than a
total of 2.

It does depend on controller model, microcode, and fastwrite cache.

I think he wants 2 controllers on 2 systems, sharing the same disks. He
can't, but he can have 1 controller on 2 systems sharing the disks.

I think that was the real question. Not can I make an array out of disks on
2 different controllers. Or did he?

Kevin Adams