P630 Installation

From: Billy Tyrer (wtyrer@CSC.COM)
Date: Wed Feb 05 2003 - 04:18:31 EST

Hi

Just a quick question regarding the installation of a P630 via the AIX5.1
installation disks.,

The server come pre-installed with AIX5.1. However, we need to re-install
the server because
the customer requires that TCB be running on the server as part of their
security procedures.

NoAIX5.1 Cd's were supplied with the server because they were
pre-installed. I have a copy of AIX5.1
,but this is dated 04/2001. When I tried to boot from the cd's I got an
kernel interruption error and the
server hangs.

I believe that I need to get the latest AIX5.1 cd's dated 10/2002. I have
ordered a copy and they should be
with me at the end of the week.

I am just wondering if anyone else has been in a similar situation.

Regards,

Billy.