Re: Question about SRC-error in errpt

From: Bill Verzal (Bill_Verzal@BCBSIL.COM)
Date: Tue Feb 04 2003 - 12:09:12 EST

After installing it, the procedure should tell you if it is needed. It
would be hard to determine a when-to-reboot ruleset. Lots of variables.

If it changes the kernel, reboot.
If it updates device drivers, you'll need a reboot for them to take effect,
if they are in use now.
If it changes running daemons, you might need a reboot, depending on what
they are.

Bill Verzal
Technical Consultant
Forbes Technical Consulting
(312) 653-3684
bill_verzal@bcbsil.com
billverzal@imcingular.com (Pager)
888-428-4025 (Pager)
MailStop: 27.202B

                    "brian welsh"
                    <brianwelsh3@HO To: aix-l@Princeton.EDU
                    TMAIL.COM> cc:
                    Sent by: "IBM Subject: Question about SRC-error in errpt
                    AIX Discussion
                    List"
                    <aix-l@Princeto
                    n.EDU>

                    02/04/2003
                    10:48 AM
                    Please respond
                    to "IBM AIX
                    Discussion
                    List"

Hello,

>From time to time we receive SRC-errors in our errpt. It's about the
AuditRM en ERRM modules.

I understand from support that applying PTF U483100 is fixing this.

Where can I find if a reboot is needed after applying the PTF?

Is there a 'rule of thumb' when a reboot is needed?

LABEL: SRC
IDENTIFIER: E18E984F
Class: S
Type: PERM
Resource Name: SRC

Description
SOFTWARE PROGRAM ERROR

Probable Causes
APPLICATION PROGRAM

Failure Causes
SOFTWARE PROGRAM

        Recommended Actions
        PERFORM PROBLEM RECOVERY PROCEDURES

Detail Data
SYMPTOM CODE
        -256
SOFTWARE ERROR CODE
       -9035
ERROR CODE
           0

DETECTING MODULE
'srchevn.c'@line:'201'
FAILING MODULE
IBM.AuditRM

DETECTING MODULE
'srchevn.c'@line:'201'
FAILING MODULE
IBM.ERRM

Thanx,

Brian.

MSN Zoeken, voor duidelijke zoekresultaten! http://search.msn.nl

The information contained in this communication is confidential, private, proprietary, or otherwise privileged and is intended only for the use of the addressee. Unauthorized use, disclosure, distribution or copying is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately at (312)653-6000 in Illinois; (972)766-6900 in Texas; or (800)835-8699 in New Mexico.