SHIVA terminal server on AIX

From: Shekhar Dhotre (Shekhar.Dhotre@LENDLEASEREI.COM)
Date: Fri Jan 31 2003 - 10:50:23 EST

Hi all,
I am trying to configure a SHIVA terminal in AIX . the configuration will
be like this :

AIX SP Node ---------->WAN ------------>SHIVA terminal
-------------------------->printer
(Atlanta) (Harrow ,UK - SHIVA has a IP )
(printer connected via serial cable- No IP serial based)

The "shiva" box is no more than a terminal server with 32-serial ports
which can be configured in numerous ways
 to accommodate virtually any serial device. IBM uses program called
cnsconnect to configure there 7318 terminal servers .Configuring
cnsconnect will allow AIX to talk to the printers and modems attached to
the terminal server.Does anyone know how to configure it ?Is anyone out
there using SHIVA on AIX ? Please point me toward right docs /www .
.
Admin: showconfig

ShivaPort Multi-Protocol Terminal Server

Internet Information
--------------------
Address : xxx.025.00x.030
Subnet Mask : 255.255.xxx.000