Re: Antwort: cron entries

From: rohan chandrashekar (rohanchandrashekar@YAHOO.COM)
Date: Wed Jan 29 2003 - 08:31:46 EST

I believe that after you add an entry to the root crontab file. You need to either HUP the cron demon for the changes to be effectve (or) stop/start the cron demon. Iam not sure how to do this on all the 150 servers.
Thanks,
Rohan

 Klaus Oberle <Klaus.Oberle@LINDE-MH.DE> wrote:Hi Rohan,

you don't need the cron pids. How about distributing and running a small
script like

crontab -l > /tmp/cronjobs
echo "" >> /tmp/cronjobs
crontab /tmp/cronjobs

HTH
/klaus

Klaus Oberle
IT Administration
Linde Material Handling
Aschaffenburg / Germany
klaus.oberle@linde-mh.de
www.linde.com

rohan chandrashekar
@YAHOO.COM> Kopie:
Gesendet von: IBM Thema: cron entries
AIX Discussion List

28.01.2003 21:39
Bitte antworten an
IBM AIX Discussion
List

Hi!

I have about 150 AIX servers and I need to append the skulker
script in the root crontab file in all these servers. I can achieve this by
doing a scmd from a central server which is being trusted by all the 150
servers. After this I need to either stop and restart the cron demon or do
a HUP. This is difficult to run using smcd because the cron pid is not the
same on all the servers. Is there any way I can achieve my task without
logging into each and every server..?

Rohan

Do you Yahoo!?

If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail
in error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail.
Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the material
in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.
the views of Linde Material Handling.

Since January 2002 we use the e-mail domain linde-mh.de instead
of linde-fh.de.

This mail has been swept for the presence of computerviruses.