Re: importvg & /etc/filesystems

From: justin.bleistein@SUNGARD.COM
Date: Tue Jan 28 2003 - 10:47:10 EST

awesome thanks Bill.

--Justin Richard Bleistein
Unix Systems Administrator (Sungard eSourcing)
Desk: (856) 866 - 4017
Cell: (856) 912 - 0861
Email: justin.bleistein@sungard.com

                      Bill Verzal
                      <Bill_Verzal@BCBS To: aix-l@Princeton.EDU
                      IL.COM> cc:
                      Sent by: IBM AIX Subject: Re: importvg & /etc/filesystems
                      Discussion List
                      <aix-l@Princeton.

                      01/28/2003 10:41
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      IBM AIX
                      Discussion List

Within /etc/filesystems, you can add a stanza that says "group=<some group
name>".

/userapps/sblccuatfs:
       dev = /dev/sblccuatfslv
       vfs = jfs2
       log = /dev/sblccjfs2log
       mount = false
       check = false
       options = rw
       account = false
       type = siebel

/userapps/sblccpsfs:
       dev = /dev/sblccpsfslv
       vfs = jfs2
       log = /dev/sblccjfs2log
       mount = false
       check = false
       options = rw
       account = false
       type = siebel

# mount -t siebel would mount these 2 filesystems (plus any others with a
"type" of "siebel").

BV

Bill Verzal
Technical Consultant
Forbes Technical Consulting
(312) 653-3684
bill_verzal@bcbsil.com
billverzal@imcingular.com (Pager)
888-428-4025 (Pager)
MailStop: 27.202B

justin.bleistein@SUNGARD.COM
Sent by: "IBM AIX Discussion List" <aix-l@Princeton.EDU>
01/28/2003 09:12 AM
Please respond to "IBM AIX Discussion List"