Re: Samba - cannot authenticate the user from win2k pc

From: Alton E Levesque (alevesq@BIW.COM)
Date: Tue Jan 28 2003 - 09:54:10 EST

BSARMA

Is your W2K client part of a domain? If it is you can configure Samba to
authentiate to your domain controller.
smdpasswd -j DOMAIN -r DOMAIN_SEVER -Uadminstrator%password --version
2.2.7
smdpasswd -j DOMAIN -r DOMIAN_USER 2.0.7 The Domain Controller must
manually add the samba server first.

Then in SWAT under global turn encryption ON; set security to DOMAIN.
Then create a /etc/users.map file to correlate the W2K name the unix
name, if the login ids are different. Point samba to the file.

Good Luck
-
Alton E. Levesque
Unix Systems Administrator
Computer Sciences Corp/BIW DD(X) Program
alevesq2@csc.com
207.442.3021 tel
207.442.5527 fax