home directories being deleted

From: Becher Jonathan Todd (jtbeche@ILSTU.EDU)
Date: Thu Jan 23 2003 - 10:55:40 EST

Somehow, a few of the user home directories(/home/(user) have been deleted, and this isn't the first time it has happened for one user. Also, somehow my .profile has been deleted on a couple of occasions in my home directory. It doesn't seem as if anyone is specifically going in and deleting these, but is there a way for me to check this? Has this happened to anyone before, and if so, what is happening? Thanks for any help.