Re: Setting up Parallel Printers from (win9x) clients to AIX

From: Ron Bramblett (bramblet@FULLER.COM)
Date: Wed Jan 22 2003 - 11:04:26 EST

I guess I wasn't clear. The printers are connected locally to a Win9x or
winXP client. Each of the clients have IP addresses on them. The
printers are HP mostly deskjets. I don't think that putting a card in
the deskjets are even an option. (not supported by deskjets)

The old way we printed to these printers was through pathworks. I don't
know much about it but it is obsolete and there was so many headaches
involved that we just want to redo it.

On a Tru64 Unix machine and a Win98 machine we have a terminal emulator
involved that is running so that is shares the printer to the Unix
server and there is a print queue setup so it will print. That is kind
of what I would like to do but through software if I can.

--
Ron Bramblett
Sys Admin