Re: Urgent : total memory usage

From: Green, Simon (SGreen@KRAFTEUROPE.COM)
Date: Tue Jan 21 2003 - 13:13:56 EST

You can narrow it down a bit; the EXCLUSIVE stanza has the non-shared
memory, so you can add up all of those.
Determining the SHARED total is a bit harder. You'd have to get a list of
each individual bit of shared memory, (unique Vsid) and you could then add
them up. Maybe there's a combination of svmon flags which will give that.
I suppose the other way is to get the total non-shared, then
shared=total_memory - free - non_shared

First thing, though, is to be clear about what one is trying to do. Once
that's done, one can decide what information will help that goal. Simply
saying "Oh! Let's see how much memory we're using" is pointless.

Simon Green
Philip Morris ITSC Europe