Re: won't boot from CD-ROM

From: Darryl Ousterhout (D.Ousterhout@LABSAFETY.COM)
Date: Thu Jan 16 2003 - 11:08:34 EST

Bill,

The only thing I can think of is possibly the firmware of the CDrom drive
itself. I ran into that same thing upgrading to 5.1. The 4.3.3 install went
fine, but the 5.1 CD's couldn't be read by the same CDrom for the migration.

Here is the URL for the Ucode, currently I get a 'Internal Server Error' for
IBM's site, but this is where I have gotten the updates from before.

http://techsupport.services.ibm.com/server/mdownload/download.html

HTH,
Darryl