Re: Aix migration 4.3 to 5L

From: Green, Simon (SGreen@KRAFTEUROPE.COM)
Date: Wed Jan 15 2003 - 13:11:11 EST

If you want to configure the Regatta to be just like the H70, then a clone
is the way to do it.

What you could do is take a backup of the H70; upgrade it to 5.1; take
another mksysb which you can use to clone it then restore the H70 from the
4.3.3 tape.

If you're just going to manually copy everything, then you need to spend a
bit of time going through the system to find out what's on it. For a start,
the supplied image on the Regatta will probably have different filesets,
e.g. printer drivers, which you'll need to address. Assorted users to add -
loads of files; printers - another headache; custom scripts; who knows what?

Not an unreasonable thing to do, but expect to miss some stuff!

Simon Green
Philip Morris ITSC Europe

<SNIP Clone>