Looking for an alternative to microfiche

From: Denny Watkins (watkins@MORNINGSIDE.EDU)
Date: Wed Jan 15 2003 - 12:20:57 EST

AIXers,

Can anyone recommend a software vendor or a WINDOWS software package
which does COLD (Computer Output to Laser Disc) or COOL (Computer
Output On-Line) and is reasonably priced and easy to use?

Brief Scenario:

 From our administrative software system, many GREEN-BAR reports are
generated for our student account receivables, accounts payable,
general ledger, payroll, etc. These reports are normally generated
at the end of the calendar year or the end of our fiscal year.
These reports are copied to another directory from the UniVerse (U2)
spool directory. Our volume is probably on the low end but could
increase if we find a solution.

In the past, these GREEN-BAR reports are dumped to 9-track tape,
sent to a vendor who creates the microfiche. Each computer printout
page is a separate frame on the fiche. The vendor does some indexing
from the GREEN-BAR reports and also places a header on the top of the
fiche which has information about it's contents.

Thanks,
Denny Watkins
Director Computer Services
Morningside College