Verify mksysb on AIX 4.1

From: John F Riordan (jriorda2@CSC.COM)
Date: Mon Jan 13 2003 - 09:23:15 EST

Hello All,

I have been trying to look for information on verifying a backup tape with
AIX 4.1. According to the man page for "mksysb" the information can be
found in the "AIX Version 4.1 Installation guide" I have many AIX Install
guides but not for this version. All I have found on IBM's website is the
page where I can order the documentation. As far as I can tell there is no
PDF file to download.

With that said, can someone help me with the verification of a mksysb. An
other admin made a mksysb on Friday but told me he received gibberish on
his screen as the mksysb was taking place. He tried the mksysb several
times. So, I would like to verify the tape before we upgrade this machine.
The machine is an E-30.

As always, thanks in advance.
John

John F. Riordan