Sharity on AIX 4.3.3.0-10

From: Naylor, Jim (Jnaylor@SCHNUCKS.COM)
Date: Thu Jan 09 2003 - 12:16:02 EST

Hello Admins,
We have sharity running on several rs6k model 370's running AIX 4.3.2.0 and
model F40's running 4.3.3.0 no maintenance levels applied. We are able to
share a drive/directory on a PC and mount it on the rs6k. We do backups to
this mount. We are in the process of replacing all of these systems with
rs6k model 43p-150's running AIX 4.3.3.0-10 (maintenance level 10). I am
unable to do the cifsmount. The first time I try it, it comes back and asks
for a password. I give it the password and it gives me the following:

UNIX: Invalid argument

>From this point on every time I try the dismount it immediately comes back
with this error. If I stop and re-start sharity then it will ask me for a
password again but still fails with the above error. If anyone has any idea
why this is failing, I would appreciate the feedback.

Thanks,
Jim Naylor
Unix Systems Administrator
Schnuck Markets, Inc.