Re: permission's or / (root) changed

From: Clifton, Pablo (Pablo.Clifton@BCBSFL.COM)
Date: Thu Jan 09 2003 - 10:19:44 EST

Check this out-

it uses a mksysb tape of the damaged system to generate a script to fix
perms-

http://www.gruftie.net/ibm/tl/techlib/qna/faxes/html/cmd/cmd31.htm
<http://www.gruftie.net/ibm/tl/techlib/qna/faxes/html/cmd/cmd31.htm>

if you don't have a mksysb tape, you can use the following:

You run the script listed below on A GOOD system with correct

permissions. This will generate a file 'reset.perms.out' which

contains the necessary 'chmod' and 'chown' commands to restore

permissions on the affected system. You can then COPY this file

over to the BAD system and run it.

-- begin script --

#!/bin/ksh

cd /tmp

rm reset.perms.out 2>/dev/null

find / -ls |awk '{print $3,$4,$5,$6,$7,$8,$9,$10,$11,$12}'|

awk '{

if ( NF == "9" )

{

printf ("chown %s.%s %s\n",$3,$4,$9)

{

perms=0

if(substr($1,2,1) == "r")

perms = perms + 400

if(substr($1,3,1) == "w")

perms = perms + 200

if(substr($1,4,1) == "x")

perms = perms + 100

if(substr($1,4,1) == "S")

perms = perms + 4000

if(substr($1,4,1) == "s")

perms = perms + 4100

if(substr($1,5,1) == "r")

perms = perms + 40

if(substr($1,6,1) == "w")

perms = perms + 20

if(substr($1,7,1) == "x")

perms = perms + 10

if(substr($1,7,1) == "S")

perms = perms + 2000

if(substr($1,7,1) == "s")

perms = perms + 2010

if(substr($1,8,1) == "r")

perms = perms + 4

if(substr($1,9,1) == "w")

perms = perms + 2

if(substr($1,10,1) == "x")

perms = perms + 1

if(substr($1,10,1) == "T")

perms = perms + 1000

if(substr($1,10,1) == "t")

perms = perms + 1001

printf("chmod %d %s # %s\n",perms,$9,$1)

}

}

}' >reset.perms.out

chmod 755 reset.perms.out