Re: HP vS AIX

From: Mills, John T (John.T.Mills@ERAC.COM)
Date: Mon Jan 06 2003 - 08:31:38 EST

I'm not sure what hardware your IO resides on in your environment,
but I have administrated an Oracle database exceeding 2 TB on 650
SSA drives. This system had over 80 file system mounts because no
database file system was larger than 50 GB. I didn't have any
IO issues beyond balancing IO load across adapters and increasing
AIX's default aio parameters. AIX uses about 4% of useable space
for file system overhead. I've never heard of any real issue with
having too many file systems, but it does add time to the total
system recovery model.

John