Re: microcode flile left behind in /var... AIX v4.2.1

From: Sheets, Jerald (JSHeets@OLOLRMC.COM)
Date: Mon Jan 06 2003 - 10:20:27 EST

>From the site:

http://publibn.boulder.ibm.com/doc_link/en_US/a_doc_lib/aixprggd/diagunsd/Se
rviceAids.htm
<http://publibn.boulder.ibm.com/doc_link/en_US/a_doc_lib/aixprggd/diagunsd/S
erviceAids.htm>

When run from online diagnostics, the flash update image file is copied to
the /var file system. If there is not enough space in the /var file system
for the flash update image file, an error is reported. If this occurs, exit
the Service Aid, increase the size of the /var file system and retry the
Service Aid. After the file is copied, a warning screen asks for
confirmation to continue the update flash. Continuing the update flash
reboots the system. The system does not return to
diagnostics. The current flash image is not saved. After the reboot, the
/var/update_flash_image can be removed.

Since I assume you've already rebooted after your microcode update on the
System and Service processor, I would assume based on the above site that it
is indeed to remove the file.

Jerald M. Sheets
Sr. UNIX Systems Administrator
Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical Center
225-765-8734