Re: Printer

From: Robert Gullace (tronix_man@YAHOO.COM)
Date: Thu Jan 02 2003 - 10:12:51 EST

Well here goes. This being my first time responding.
     In your /tmp directory you should have three files called. reconfig1, reconfig2, and reconfig3. You can grab the lp device configs out of those. Infact if you remove the tty and netconfing info you can just run the three files.
     Then all you need to do is copy the /etc/qconfig file over. This will grab your lpq info. Now the reconfig files may create this. I am not sure. But hope this helps. And if there is any better way, and you find out. Please let me know.
Thanks
Bob.
 Toussi Davoud <davoud.toussi@EDB.COM> wrote:Hi,

How can I move all printers which are defined on a AIX box to a new AIX box?

I dont have the smit.script file on the old AIX box.

Thanks