Re: AIX 5.2 back to 4.3.3 or lower

From: pSeries AIX Geek (aixgeek@YAHOO.COM)
Date: Tue Dec 31 2002 - 15:12:38 EST

I guess that might be the case with older hardware
(and I think a B50 probably qualifies as older).

I guess AIX 5 is delivering some sort of firmware
update or something that modifies the NVRAM structure
(I think we saw this from AIX 4.1 to AIX 4.2, if I
remember right).

It could also be some sort of microcode-level thing.

In the interest of full disclosure -- I've done the
4.3->5.1/5.2 migration and back to 4.3 (at least once)
on a B80, H80/6H1, M80/6M1, S80/S85 without any
problems.