Re: windows share to aix server

From: Barnhart, Troy (TBarnhart@RCRH.ORG)
Date: Fri Dec 20 2002 - 10:17:39 EST

I've been working on this specific subject for the last 2 years - I work in
a hospital that has various databases and our
interface engine for those databases runs on an AIX 4.3.2 box w/ AIX
Connections 4.1.4 that mounts various windows-shares
as a way to move the various flat-file to & from the databases.

Recently, I've installed the Connections 4.1.4 package from on a AIX 5.1
ML03 box. And it works.

Currently, I'm working on a new AIX 5.2 test install. It looks like 5.2 has
included a bos.cifs_fs package which will supposedly
mount windows-based shared in the AIX filesystem. (I'll post my results
when finished.)

fyi,
troy

Troy Barnhart, Sr. Systems Programmer,