Re: windows share to aix server

From: Adams Kevin J (kevin.adams@PHS.COM)
Date: Wed Dec 18 2002 - 17:07:03 EST

Does it really matter who owns it?

You can still do that with Samba and AIX permissions; windows can be R/W and
AIX R/O. (The AIX R/O might be tricky, but windows R/W easy)

You need additional software, like Hummingbird Maestro NFS, to publish NFS
shares from windows.

smbclient is command oriented and not persistent like smbmount on Linux is.

Kevin Adams