Re: windows share to aix server

From: Mark Schlechte (MSCHLECH@REGINA.CA)
Date: Wed Dec 18 2002 - 16:44:18 EST

I'll have a look at sharity.
To use nfs I would just use my Windows Admin account to share a folder
and
then I would use the mknfsmount cmd to establish the mount point?

I looked at smbclient a little without a good understanding of what it
might do for me.
>From your 'ftp reference' it looks like that may not be the answer.
The idea is this shared_folder will be r/w by my windows server and
readable by my aix box.

Thanks, Mark
>>> Lamar.Saxon@AMERICREDIT.COM 12/18/02 03:14pm >>>

Can't with Samba. smbmount is only in Linux kernel.

Might look @ Sharity ( http://www.obdev.at/products/sharity/index.html
). Or NFS as a last resort.

Depends on what you want to do also. Samba has the smbclient
application that allows connections similar to ftp...

Lamar