Re: windows share to aix server

From: Hass, Harold (hhass@FRESNO.CA.GOV)
Date: Wed Dec 18 2002 - 16:27:42 EST

We had a need to do the same thing with files on some NAS file systems on
our EMC Symetrics SAN. The way we did it was to NFS export AND CIFS share
the same files through a Data Mover on our Cellera. (EMC users will
understand these names; others wont care!) The cool thing about this was
that each file carries both Unix (AIX) UIDs and CIFS permissions. There was
some trauma getting it going, but it's working well now, and since the NAS
is connected via fiber GigE, its faster than garden variety NFS drives.

Just one way to skin that ubiquitous cat.

Harold