Re: root filesystem shows 100% full when it isn't

From: pSeries AIX Geek (aixgeek@YAHOO.COM)
Date: Sat Dec 14 2002 - 08:58:25 EST

I know that this is an old post, but I just had to
comment.

The reason that his / is 100% full with no seemingly
large files is because there is a process running
holding open a file that's been deleted. Using fuser
(try the -dV or -cx options) will probably find it.

Usually, there isn't THAT much data in /, so the
benefits of making the nbpi smaller are really
negligible (plus, you'd EITHER have to hack your
image.data file ahead of time or use Sysback to
restore; there's no way to do a FRESH install and
modify the nbpi on / ).

- pAG