Re: scripts

From: Jim Lane (JLane@TORONTOHYDRO.COM)
Date: Fri Dec 13 2002 - 09:00:32 EST

Shekar: i would suggest you take a look at a tool called Nagios at
http://www.nagios.org
it runs on any UNIX platform including AIX and can be used to run
basic
status monitoring of a bunch of UNIX servers on the same network.
you can check not only that the server is up but also the status of
services like FTP, Telnet, HTTP, SSH, SMTP etc. there are also
plug-ins
to check things like free space in filesystems, print queue status and
so on. check it out, you'll be glad you did.

Jim Lane
Sr. Technical Consultant
Network Services
Toronto Hydro
office: (416)-542-2820
cell: (416)-896-8576

>>> MANI_CHANDRASHEKAR@FLEET.COM 12-Dec-02 3:01:28 PM >>>
All,

          In our environment, we have a total of 150 AIX standalones,
SP
nodes/control workstations. I want to know if there is any AIX related
web-sites, where I can get some scripts that can be used in the
environment
( eg: monitoring; server details; any failures etc....) (or) Anyone
who
would be willing to share their scripts used in their environment.

Thanks,

shekar