Re: LPAR thoughts

From: Darryl Ousterhout (D.Ousterhout@LABSAFETY.COM)
Date: Mon Dec 09 2002 - 11:08:35 EST

Here is something that might help do mksysbs to the same drive without
moving the media drawer each time. This has worked fine for us. It can be
adapted for multiple LPAR's

For the local machine:

DEVICE=/dev/rmt0
mksysb -i $DEVICE

for the machines that DO NOT have the media drawer:

mkfifo /tmp/pipefile

mksysb -i /tmp/pipefile &

sleep 120
dd if=/tmp/pipefile | rsh <remote lpar w/ media drawer> dd of=/dev/rmt0
obs=1024

rm /tmp/pipefile

HTH,

Darryl