Re: Question about pSeries and shared access to disks

From: Mary Deane (fclmmd@NERSP.NERDC.UFL.EDU)
Date: Tue Dec 03 2002 - 22:02:44 EST

We've had no major problems on an SP where the drawer was wired to adapters
on both nodes. Otherwise we've exported filesystems from the "owning" SP
node and nfs-mounted them on a p690 lpar. And the p690 interfaces are not
even on the same network. And you can do the whole thing through our best
friend smitty.

We also have 7133 drawers wired in a loop between a couple of SP nodes
which contain some file systems "owned" by one and some by the other. And
these file systems may also be nfs-mounted to other sp nodes, p690 lpars,
also in some cases to some Suns running Solaris8.

If you mount them rw, it works like a charm.

Cheers
Mary
Florida Center for Library Automation
http://www.fcla.edu