Process Limit.

From: Bruce Whittaker (bwhittak@ENERGY.COM.AU)
Date: Mon Dec 02 2002 - 02:09:17 EST

Hi All,

I have AIX 4.3.3 and the number of processes that users can have is set to
80 via smitty->environment. The problem is that root is also unable to
spawn processes past that user limit (trust me... fork was failing) even
the doc. says that the limit does not affect root.

My questions are as follows,

1. Is there a limit to the number of processes that root can have ?
2. Is is attached to a variable ?
3. How to I change it - or should I just alter the number of processes
per user (this is OK here - we are all programmers/administrators.... a
scary combo isn't it ! )

Thanks in advance,

Bruce Whittaker,
CASS Support,
Extension 34193
External (02) 9269 4193.

This e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information. If you
have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately via return
e-mail and then delete the original e-mail. EnergyAustralia has collected
your business contact details for dealing with you in your business
capacity. More information about how we handle your personal information,
including your right of access is contained at http://www.energy.com.au.