3rd party memory

From: Page, Jennifer (Jennifer.Page@RBCDAIN.COM)
Date: Wed Nov 20 2002 - 10:22:25 EST

There was some discussion on this last year.
Want to see if anything has changed for anyone, I am unable to get a straight answer from IBM.

We want to purchase 3rd party memory but don't want to invalidate our maintenance agreement.

I have gather the following two scenarios:
        - the choice to support may actually come down to the CE on site
        - customer writes up a separate support contract for 3rd party memory

Anyone dealing with 3rd party memory in there systems want to share some advice?

Thanks-
Jennifer