Re: HMC Console on P670

From: Bill Verzal (Bill_Verzal@BCBSIL.COM)
Date: Tue Nov 19 2002 - 16:17:20 EST

I am seeing separate issues here. Can you run X-windows on the HMC? Sure.
This is irrespective of the partition the P670 is in.

BV

Bill Verzal
Technical Consultant
Forbes Technical Consulting
(312) 653-3684
bill_verzal@bcbsil.com
billverzal@imcingular.com (Pager)
888-428-4025 (Pager)
MailStop: 27.202B

                    "Mark Lamport"
                    <lamport@KCMETRO To: aix-l@Princeton.EDU
                    .CC.MO.US> cc:
                    Sent by: "IBM Subject: HMC Console on P670
                    AIX Discussion
                    List"
                    <aix-l@Princeton
                    .EDU>

                    11/19/2002 02:20
                    PM
                    Please respond
                    to "IBM AIX
                    Discussion List"

Can you run xwindows on a p670 HMC when system set to Full System
Partition?
A vendor told us we could install and run additional application on our HMC
as long as we installed an ethernet card but documentation I am reading
says
you cannot.
Haven't got machine yet, just preparing.

thanks.

Mark Lamport
Sr. PeopleSoft Systems DBA
Metropolitan Community Colleges
mark.lamport@kcmetro.edu
816 759-1192

The information contained in this communication is confidential, private, proprietary, or otherwise privileged and is intended only for the use of the addressee. Unauthorized use, disclosure, distribution or copying is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately at (312)653-6000 in Illinois; (972)766-6900 in Texas; or (800)835-8699 in New Mexico.